Photo by Melody
Announcements
The Pixel County Fair is now open for entries! You have until September 11th to upload your crafts, animals and gardens HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Edging and paths..., 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Edging and paths...

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Edging and paths...
Gitagal wrote:
I do have a couple beds that I have edged with the black, plastic edging.....as they are round or irregular in shape.
The gap is because there is still one big root that hasn't rotted out yet....IF I find a suitable stone--I will set it on top of that gap.

The bed to the right is edged by those red, 2"x12" (14"??) paving stones standing on edge and buried about half way down. If I ever need to raise the edging--I just raise the pavers up and put some extra dirt inside the hole and re-position them... Beds DO seem to grow higher and higher--as we always add plants and amendments and so the bed grows....
The Hydrangea in this bed is my Endless Summer one--this year it actually came up blue--been fertilizing it a lot with acid type foods...

This is the East side of my house--and the round bed is where I used to have my River Birch, which died and was cut down 3 or 4 years ago. Now the stump is slowly rotting out--but meanwhile, with the help of some bricks, it is a great pedestal for one of my large planters....