Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring Projects Anyone?, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Spring Projects Anyone?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring Projects Anyone?
HollyAnnS wrote:
When we left for Fl. I tried to plant as many of my caladiums as I could but there are still several bags of them sitting in the garage. I figure it will take a month to get caught up on the weeding and planting. I understand it is raining a lot in our area. I was just out in Poppy's yard, raking up piles of debris. I told myself that I wasn't doing any more work back there but as soon as I step outside I get sucked in. I sure could make short work of this mess if I could just burn it all but that is "not" permitted. If he lived in city limits we could load up his truck and haul all the yard debris to the yard where they compost it but since he is county our only options are to put it out with the trash or take it to the dump where you pay to dump it. I think the fee is based on weight and it is a good 45 min each way drive. So I have huge piles cut to 3 or 4 ft lengths just lined up and waiting. They can put out 2 can's of yard debris every week and can put out 4 bundles of branches.
From this