Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles: Nursing The Next Generation, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles: Nursing The Next Generation

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles: Nursing The Next Generation
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Ok, is everyone mad with me now? Or is it that you don't really enjoy Bast stories because they are kind of gory and a downer? If it's the former, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to stray too far OT. If it's the latter, I know there are bad and gory memories associated with Bast, but I like to think of her as the ultimate success story, a story of triumph over seemingly insurmountable odds. I mean, people, remember Bast walked on her front feet for a few weeks to get to dinner while allowing her legs time to heal. Maybe it's just me, because of the pain I've had with my knees and back. I think of Bast sometimes when I'm in pain and tempted to give up. I think of all that she endured and overcame. To me hers is a story of tremendous hope.

A few of the photos did reveal her rib cage showing that she really did need some help while nursing that litter. I think she did an admirable job taking care of herself on her own all winter and even during gestation and the early weeks of nursing. Still, as this photo shows, the extreme demands of nursing were starting to take a toll on her body. I think this also shows why she showed up again at the buffet when she did. I think it helps to give credence to my belief that she came back and appealed to Heidi (when the demands of nursing got too much for her), and Heidi, seeing her situation, agreed to let her come back to the buffet under the circumstances. Heidi is a tough but very benevolent leader.