Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles: Nursing The Next Generation, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles: Nursing The Next Generation

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles: Nursing The Next Generation
DreamOfSpring wrote:
This is probably the most compelling photo in IDing Bast. I was able to see the scars on the inside of her back legs when she lifted them to get in the pool but wasn't able to get a picture fast enough to capture that. However i was able to get a few pics of the back right foot, the one that was hurt the worst, the one on which the 2 toes were damaged and nails possibly removed. Remember?

Here is that foot. You can see cut or possibly 'chew' marks on the foot still. If you look closely at the upper part of the foot you can see that it's misshapen, something I've noticed while watching her stand while eating. She stands sort of toward the outside of that foot rather than standing on it squarely as would be normal.

Of course, the thing that jumps out at you immediately from this pic is the damaged and swollen toe. After all this time, that toes appears to be swollen STILL. I gather she is still having some difficulties with it, but it isn't keeping her from standing, walking, climbing, and even running - not to mention challenging Heidi. This photo was taken the 2nd day since her return so maybe a week or so ago. The swelling in that toes appears to have gone down again now.

The nail on that toe is missing. I'm not sure, but the photo seems to show possibly some vestige of the missing nail. I'm hoping that's a sign it may be trying to grow back in - and, hopefully, in a normal manner.