Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Blooming season off to an early start?, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Blooming season off to an early start?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Blooming season off to an early start?
Gitagal wrote:
I DID go to Rawlings last Friday and 3 of us sat there for 5 hours un-potting all kinds of bulbs that got put in those big, black, plastic crates....We put a good dent into this job. Still many left to do.

The ones that were done--went to the "Market Day" at Cylburn. I think they were selling them 4/$1.
The ones still to do will go to the "Herb Festival" at leakin Park on 5/29.

I went to "Market Day"--just walked around. So many same-old, same-old kind of vendors with all their booths.....

Of course, closer to the Mansion there were all kinds of Garden Clubs represented with a lot of plants for sale....
It was so windy! not at all pleasant for many of the vendors...Some were just holding on to their tents...

Mostly--I wanted to see if they were selling rooted cuttings of my "Maya" Brug i gave away to them last Fall. They were......I looked up Scott (the G-House supervisor) and he took me inside and showed me my now cut-back Maya.
He said he really liked the "Maya" as it was robust and a good grower....
I told him that my ONLY "Maya" cutting rotted out.....He gave me one of the growing potted cuttings for free....
Nice! .

Here's a shot of the Mansion..