Rural Gardening: The Great Topsy-Turvy Mystery Revisited, 1 by lizards_keep

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lizards_keep

In reply to: The Great Topsy-Turvy Mystery Revisited

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Great Topsy-Turvy Mystery Revisited
lizards_keep wrote:
Now comes the fun stuff. Before you get too far along make sure you have an empty pot or something handy to set the bucket on once you get the tomato stuck through the hole.

Some background information is required here. The test tomatoes were in a biodegradable pot and were too entwined to get out without risking the death of one or both of them. So we are now only planting one T-T and will plant both tomatoes in the same bucket. Couldn’t see tearing up another bucket anyway.

Now that I have the hole cut and bottom drilled, I carefully threaded the leaves and stem through the hole and let the root ball rest on the bottom of the bucket. Now set the bucket on the other pot (as mentioned above) and fill the bucket about half way with a good potting soil and watered thoroughly. After hanging it in the Nursery with the other hanging baskets I was accosted by DW and told that #$@@% bucket had to go --- NOW! After moving the T-T to under the edge of the patio I had some time to admire my handy work and decided that DW was right. It defiantly didn’t belong in the nursery.

Now that the building phase of the experiment is completed, I will post weekly on any progress that it might be making. I think the first progress report will be next Monday.