Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: What is happening in your Garden Today II, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: What is happening in your Garden Today II

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What is happening in your Garden Today II
Gitagal wrote:
Holly!

I love the white Caladiums also! Always contrasts so well with all the other colors....I bought one.

Well! This morning I thought I better go to "MD Flower and Foliage" and buy some bedding plants.....Didn't want to wait much longer--as the crowds were SO big. I could hardly find a parking place....

Spent about $100--but that was mostly because I bought 3 trays (8 pots each--$20 each) of 6" annuals....
Also got 2 8" Mandevillas----2 for $12.....and 2 trays of 6-packs of this and that ($ 10 per full tray of 6 cell packs). SO! A lot to plan and do....

I was out there for hours.....My neighbor came over and we chatted. They will be leaving for Spain on 5-12.
There went one hour.....I took a break and ate some chicken wings I cooked yesterday...there went about 40 minutes.....But I did get a lot done anyway...

Planted my biggest pot full of asst. things. This will be an accent pot.
Mixed all the good "soil-stuff" in my 3 heavy, clay W-Boxes and planted them full.
Planted all 6 of the Heliotropes and tall marigolds in my Rose bed.
Planted 3 pots-full of Sweet Basil. I bought ONE pot--and it was solid with Basil seedlings....maybe 30-35 in there?
Watered all the beds...We need a good rain.
Took almost all other houseplants and HB's out this evening. Took all my X-mas cactus out. The only thing left inside are my 3 HB's of Spider plants and the 25-some 4"pots of Spider plants now growing for 2 years.
Sure hope someone at the Swap will want some--I will be bringing a bunch!
That--or I will take them all to work and let the people gobble them up.

Tomorrow--I will continue.....Need to mow my lawn for sure as well....!
Mixing the soil into planters and digging up the beds before i can plant anything takes a long time....but it has to be done. So many roots in everything!

Tomorrow--I will try to plant out the remainder of the beds.....including stuff in my "YUK" bed....OH! Digging a hole in that one will be hard! I bought Straw Flowers and Lantanas for this bed. I have tried marigolds in it every year--but something always chews them down to the nubs.....Slugs? Earwigs?

At this time, we are all dealing with the "showers" of whirly-seeds from my Silver maple. Geez! They are all over the place! I swept my patio twice today!

Then--I have to start sticking all these Coleus I have been growing here and there.....Mamma Mia! I have 3 trays-full! Cuttings--Cuttings from those cuttings--and cuttings from the cuttings from the original cuttings.....
Will have lots for the swap.

It has been a full day! I am tired. Gonna hit the el-sacko soon....Gotta get my beauty sleep......

Gita

PS. Here is my Potato Top seedling (seed from Jill). Does this look "real"? The leaf-I mean?
We all had different fruits last Summer.....