Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: What is happening in your Garden Today II, 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

Subject: What is happening in your Garden Today II

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What is happening in your Garden Today II
HollyAnnS wrote:
I realized that the first thread was getting rather long so I thought I would start another. Please share you daily garden chores, small projects, changes to your garden and pic's of what is blooming or what you have added. You can talk about your gardening problems or how much you enjoy relaxing in your garden and the pleasure it gives you. Whatever is Happening in your Garden Today that you feel like sharing.
Ric and I seem to be getting a bit better and we have been getting busier. He more than me. LOL Well today we spent most of the day in my Parents yard, they are capable of doing their own yard work but it is getting much harder for them and really appreciate help when we can give it. We had picked up a nice load of aged mushroom soil and wanted to amend their beds and fill them in a little. I love going up there and working in their yard. I did some bed cleaning and weeding. Ric mowed the back yard, turned over a small bed that Dad grows his tomatoes in. Then he started moving the soil we brought, not sure how much of the soil we put into the beds. I think he added 5 wheelbarrow loads into the area he turned over for the tomatoes. I know he put a little extra in there for use out front later. Then he started coming in behind as I cleaned and dug up the beds he would spread the mushroom soil add some other things. to the mix and I would go back and work it in. I finally planted the Pansies that have been at my house for a month waiting for me to feel well enough or have the time to get up there and plant them. I had given her a pot of them at Easter but never got around to planting the extras in her beds. When we left it looked so nice, funny their yard is always neat and tidy you don't really see a lot that needs to be done at first. But it always looks better when we leave and I always find more to do than you notice. When we got home Ric unloaded the rest of the soil out front it is going in the new beds on the corners of the Gazebo and then took the trailer to get another load of stone for Josh. He was pretty tired tonight when he finally got to quit for the day. Here is a Pic of my Parents front entrance from last year. I starting planting Caladiums in this area with a couple of big pots on the stands my Dad made. They are the only ones in the neighborhood with them and the neighbors just love them.