Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Is this peak bloom?, 1 by Betja

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Betja

In reply to: Is this peak bloom?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Is this peak bloom?
Betja wrote:
I only have bearded iris. I think our climate is too hot and dry to try others. My SDBs and Intermediates started blooming in mid-March and have pretty much finished, although I do have two SDBs that are blooming today and quite a few BBs also. But my spring iris season will be finished probably by mid-May. I am working at planting iris that bloom in winter in these beds also, and usually starting around Thanksgiving I'll have a couple start blooming. My best multiple rebloomers are Again And Again and the intermediate Double Overtime. I just love seeing those bright colors on those dreary, foggy days! And then when January and February come along I have several more join in. I just have to try the plants to see what will bloom for me during the winter months, as so many rebloomers do not perform like that in winter for me. But I'm ever so slowly getting there!

Here's a closer shot of my favorite pink, Picture Book, and another of my very favorites, Bold Vision, bright yellow with a red/brown fall border. And off to the side are Paul Black and Queen's Circle.