Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring Projects Anyone?, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Spring Projects Anyone?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring Projects Anyone?
rcn48 wrote:
Pippi21 wrote:Is your mail box on a post/pedestal that's not showing in the photo? It looks as if it's hanging in mid air..love the idea of the stone front. What is the frame made of? Did I miss something in your posting?

Sorry I missed this but I think you're asking about my photos of the address plaque? The stone plaque isn't up yet, the picture of it was taken in the basement where it was propped up and the project is currently on hold :( Eventually I'll get the post/pedestal built with cement blocks, attach the plaque to the front and then use mortar and rocks from the creek to face the post.

Holly, that IS a big rock! Looks like a lot of work just getting it chipped away to lay the RR tie but definitely easier than digging it out! LOL

Woo-hoo! I'm getting ready to start creating my Clay Pot Lady :) I had been looking for a tree to plant in this new garden and finally bought a Forest Pansy Redbud yesterday. It's a good size tree in a large pot (7 gallon maybe?) so I've also got a huge hole to dig :( I never did get a chance to move the lumber from that area over the winter because of all the snow but late yesterday afternoon Rick helped me move all of those heavy 6x6's and I'm ready to start digging! It's raining right now but I'm hoping we won't get too much rain and I can get the hole dug today. As soon as the tree is planted I'll be ready to set up the willow chair and get my "lady" started! My design has changed a little from last year's idea to put up an arbor here. I'm replacing the tall grass with the Forest Pansy and then using the old fence gate from the nursery as a backdrop for my "lady" :) As soon as I get started I'll be posting photos!