Photo by Melody

Weather: April Showers/April Flowers (Part 4), 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: April Showers/April Flowers (Part 4)

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April Showers/April Flowers (Part 4)
marsue wrote:
I'm going to have to stop spending so much time in my flowerbeds--I get waaaayyy behind here when I don't check in every day. I have read all the posts but I won't comment on everything--just a comment here and there about what I remember without scrolling back up to read them again.
Bernie: lovely flowers and does that piece of farm land across the road belong to you? congrats on the dining room job!
Kelli: love the clarkia and the photo of you in the stream--your feet look cool! LOL The locust trees in the video are pretty in bloom.
Cindy: Sally and Lucy are precious with their grinning faces!
Sally: The DGS's are sooooo cute! It does get quiet when the "grands" go home, doesn't it?
Adina: the butterfly must have been getting a drink from the raindrops because it was on the wrong side of the flower to find nectar! LOL I'm glad the ash isn't all that bad where you live.
Marylyn: I just got a Japanese Painted Fern from Charlotte. I really like the looks of it. Becky is supposed to bring me a cinnamon fern in May at the RU in LA.

It was a lovely day for working in the flowerbeds yesterday. I spent all day outside and now my body is telling me that I am getting too old for this! LOL The weeds have been terrible this season, in spite of the colder winter we had. I've got to come up with another solution other than pulling them by hand. There is about 6 inches of mulch in the front flower beds but the weed seeds float in on the air and take root in the mulch. The house next door was empty for a year until last July and the realtor didn't take care of the yard. The weeds took over and now they have spread to my yard and to my flowerbeds. :o(( Okay, time for me to stop complaining!

We haven't had any rain here but maybe it will rain today--sure hope so--we need it. Y'all have a good day!