Photo by Melody

Weather: April Showers/April Flowers (Part 4), 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: April Showers/April Flowers (Part 4)

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April Showers/April Flowers (Part 4)
billyporter wrote:
37° and colder. We aren't going to get very warm today.

Mau, laughing over Kiska's 40° ''heat wave!'' I usually do make the cakes. The box mix was just for convienience. A rose in April! It's just beautiful!

Celia, your forsythia is pretty! They don't do well in Iowa. If the frost doesn't get them, the sparrows eat the buds, or they have spotty blooms. My neighbor is going to take her's out this year. I have a few artificial wands of it that my Mom had for Spring decor.

Cindylove, Thanks! It went on for a couple of days so you didn't miss it by much, LOL! Ranting is allowed :o) I hear you on fields disappearing. All the trees disappeared down our old railroad tracks. I used to walk down them after I got married. I'd wade thru the white clover after it grew over (when the train quit running,) Then they got the bright idea to make a nature trail connecting the towns. First they tore out all the elms that arched ofer and made almost a tunnel, then, the beginning actually started 3/10 of a mile out of town. Well, now there are 5 cottonwoods left out there and NO ONE uses it except us, occasionally. They ruined it. That's why I love Dyson's picture.

Kiska, that's actually a breath of fresh air to knock my rant out of me :o) I love your picture! Look at all the traffic!

Sunfarm, I wondered what she was. How beautiful! I love lilacs and butterflies!

Dyson, I could eat fried green tomatoes every day and watch the movie almost as often! We are always quoting, ''we are older and have more insurance'' :o)

Pepper, I love the delicately colored daffs!

Marsue, the picture is still adorable!!

Kelli, I really can't identify any other bird in a mockingbird's song. I thought maybe they were migratory songs. It's the difference between them and the brown thrasher who also sings. Beautiful wild rose! I finally tore my state flower out last fall. It wasn't looking nice for a few years and got a rust on it that looked like a Cheeto. It only blooms for a little more than a couple of weeks too. Now it will take a few years to completely kill it before I can replant. Neat landslide! I love the Clarkia! What a beautiful picture. I love streams!

Ric, the tennis racket got me to laughing! The pigeon is an odd coincidence.

We take the boys home today and I wait for it to warm up again. No rain at all for us. It was windy AGAIN yesterday! We played outside, ''Hide and Seek.'' I haven't laid on the ground so much since I was a lot younger :o)

Apple Tree, Famouse, or Snow Apple, as we called it when I was growing up. Makes the best white applesauce and good juice.