Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Roof photos today... or .......... Brugs Galore, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: Roof photos today... or .......... Brugs Galore

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Roof photos today...  or .......... Brugs Galore
GordonHawk wrote:
so.. todays work is to start using some of the foam I cut out of the roof for a pond and fountain in a small corner of the roof..perhaps i'll get the raccoons to visit this year... without the pond last year i didn't see any... after the small pond and enclosing tropicl planter .. I'll make some seating and then other planters out of the foam as it gets cut up to make way for the spring.. now in full swing... wisteria blooming... the lilacs are flowering.. as is the columbines and the erica.. a heather type evergreen... love it now....blooming growing... ... everything goes out under a 40% shade cloth as a start on the outside.. usually I'd not put it up before the cool room was taken down.. but I found a new place for it and the early set outs... just the little ones... as they get tucked down out of the wind .. and somewhat sheltered .. by the cool room... here they are ..
the grass is always greener in the others yard... not here... between the spring ferts.. a winters spreading of alfalfa pellets... and come cow manure.. it's doing fine..thanks in a large part to the green roof syatem I put underneath last summer... it keeps all the wet from spring in a useable measure... but still giving little pockets for water storage...
I hope everyone managed to get some things through to spring... this might be the last spring for me here... so it's a full tilt .. full speed ahead .. planting/feeding push... for a knockout presentation ..sad as it is on one hand... I'm not letting it deter my pleasure in it

This message was edited Apr 14, 2010 9:51 AM