Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: What is happening in your Garden Today?, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: What is happening in your Garden Today?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What is happening in your Garden Today?
Gitagal wrote:
Lastly--this is the biggest, dug up root of all--the one my BIG 4's plant grew from last Summer--which was easily3'x4' overall. This has put out only one, massive shoot-to-be! I just know it will produce a huge plant !!!!

I hope this gives you all some options with this plant. mMany of you have gotten seeds of this 4 O'clock from me.
Of course--many of the 100's of seeds that a 'bush" of this plant can produce, have, probably fallen to the ground and will come up as volunteers. Look for them--they can be moved easily.....or potted up and shared.
Their "cotyledons" look just like MG's. But when the true leaves emerge, they are pointed.

Just wanted to note also, that when you dig them up and have left a section of the old stem on them--do not worry!
The old stem will fall away in time--just like an umbilical cord, and leave just the scabbed over "scar" of where it was attached. THAT is from where the new shoots will come from!!!!

Any more questions? You know where to find me!!!! Gita