Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Eyeing new (larger) greenhouse for Spring, 1 by jlj072174

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jlj072174

In reply to: Eyeing new (larger) greenhouse for Spring

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Eyeing new (larger) greenhouse for Spring
jlj072174 wrote:
Well, I'm about 95% of the way done! Only need to add the trim pieces to the sides, hang the doors, and put the shelf tops in (after I get a couple small bricks to support the legs, given the foundation raised the entire GH up about 4" (I used 4"x6" pressure treated lumber for the foundation).

I must say that -- while there are a lot of parts -- this greenhouse was very easy to put together given the clear, detailed instructions (pictures & written directions), and care taken by the manufacturer to label every single part!

One detail I was having a really hard time finding an answer to is using mulch in the greenhouse (under the shelves). I decided on cedar to help prevent insects, and the nursery I sometimes go to said if I used anything, to use cedar for that reason, as well as because it won't break down like regular mulch. But when I've searched for others' experiences, I can't find much. Anyone else using a similar ground cover in their GH that would mind offering up their experience/suggestions?

This message was edited Mar 21, 2010 6:37 AM