Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Dahlias: The cutest tuber/sprout combo!, 1 by queequeg_1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright queequeg_1

Subject: The cutest tuber/sprout combo!

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The cutest tuber/sprout combo!
queequeg_1 wrote:
I posted this on another board, but thought I'd post it here, too, because it's just so darn cute! Or maybe I'm partial...it's like people with their children-cutest, smartest, etc...We had a beautiful weekend here, and I was fortunate enough to spend several hours out prepping the garden. I found a lot of tubers I thought I had either dug up or lost, which was fun. But I was carefully trying to replant one tuber with a nice sprout on it to a better spot. So, I very gently dug and dug and dug. I couldn't find a tuber. I thought, did I break it, or...? Finally, I'm able to grab a hunk of dirt and pull the sprout free from the soil. When I gently shook the dirt from the lump, I found this wee tuber!
I know I had dug this one up for sure, because it was in a pot. I must've left one tiny soldier behind, because this is what I found. They never cease to amaze me how they are so thrifty and always surprise me with mystery sprouts or tubers!