Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Morning Glories: My Morning Glory adventures February 2010, 1 by joeswife

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeswife

In reply to: My Morning Glory adventures February 2010

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Morning Glory adventures February 2010
joeswife wrote:
Quaint, The only seeds I have soaked and nicked have been those big merremia tuberosa seeds, and some obscura seeds and that was after waiting for 6 weeks and then dug them out to see what was up, and those were the last two out of 20 I have tried. All I do is put them in the little pots, tamp them down, sprinkle a little fine soil on top and spray them. I use peroxide in my spray. I know how you feel about going thru seeds, but I keep trying. I do know if I cover them with a top, they sprout faster, but then when you take the top off, they wither up. so.. I like them sown out in the open air to tuffen them up. My darling daughter Rose got me that hanging claude monet thing. She hates to be around the plants and the bugs that come with them, but she loves me and knows I love to garden.
Becky, container gardening is awsome, cuz you can move them around to get different looks.. my soil is hard clay, I just keep adding the composted leaves, sand, gypsum, and coffee grounds when ever I can. it gets kinda layered. Have you tried the lasagna method yet? I did one row last summer, south fence area, outside about a foot to widen it.. laid down cardboard, then leaves, then composted grass clippings, then soil. it did real well for my impatiens... but it is hard on the back lugging all those bags out there. I love your raised beds. Dh doesn't want to take up any more lawn space for more Garden. Ha! I will sneak it on him this year.
Just got home from taking College girl back to Arkansas City to the dorm, we drove 45 miles in the blowing snow, my hands hurt from white knuckling it while listening to a Korean boy band on her cds. I can't imagine her driving in that kind of weather, no lights out in the country.. on the way back home it was done, but I passed a horrible accident where two cars had collided into the ditch and cliff. I am still hyped up. supposed to be sunny in the am. thank goodness! a weekend without sun just has me all grumpy. Here is a picture to brighten me up..