Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Things to cheer us up on bleak days... , 1 by Foxnfirefly

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Foxnfirefly

In reply to: Things to cheer us up on bleak days...

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Things to cheer us up on  bleak days...
Foxnfirefly wrote:
Our pond has been frozen since before Christmas, I think. It is DH's "baby" so he's the one who has to worry and clean it up and out and he's been breaking ice periodically while the pump is going. We only have 3 koi (we had 10 previously) and they were still alive after the last blizzard that we could tell. I love the pond in summer--we have water lilies with pads in there that are so pretty. My son also wanted his own pond and dug one last summer. It is not finished. It should be this summer, though. He has to plant the landscape plants and hook up his Chinese lantern. He is following his dad in the Japanese garden theme idea.

I hope your fishies survive, Holly & Ric. I know there's worry there.

Meanwhile, I've enjoyed the orchid chatter!! I'm hopiing mine will bloom again, and I got another one last week--a white moth orchid. It is blooming now on the dining room table!!

BTW--the U.S. Botanic Gardens in D.C. currently has an orchid exhibit going on right now!! I suppose I should put this on the events forum? It's free. I am planning to go see it next week. I took my mother there for Christmas and we saw a lot of orchids in bloom in December!! I was delighted!! Here's a pic of my mother standing under one.