Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Things to cheer us up on bleak days... , 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Things to cheer us up on bleak days...

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Things to cheer us up on  bleak days...
Gitagal wrote:
Stormy--
Do did birds eat the coconut? I must have 3 bags of it here and there. I know 2 of them are in the freezer. Would be a good way to get rid of them.

FFF--I have only looked at You-Tube stuff when someone sends me a forward.
How do you go to it and how do you choose an artist or songs to listen to. i LOOOOVVVVE! the old Country Western artists and their music. That kind of music will never be again! I CAN get lost in it!

I need to learn how to download a selection of music on a CD so I can listen to it any time I want.
I know a few people at work could educate me on that.....

Today--I am done cooking that awesome, Basic Meat Stock as printed in the "Old Farmer's Almanac"......It simmered a total of 10-12 hrs over 2 days and gave my cooped-up life purpose.
NOW--I have all the bones and junk fished out and I will be going through it all and doing any one of these things:

1--removing the marrow from the soup bones (I freeze it and use it in browning meats--for flavor)
2--bagging up all those lovely soup bones to give to someone at work that has dogs.
3--"Salvaging" any edible meat that I can eat.
4--Putting all unusable "junk" in a Zip-Bag for trash.
5--Putting the big bowl of stock in the fridge to cool. Then i will remove the fat and bag it up in freezer bags and
freeze them all for use as needed.
6--UGH!!!!!! Cleaning up all the pots and pans and dishes....Double UGH!!

Will do all this while watching "Dr. Phil" and "Oprah" IF they are on. Yesterday they were both pre-empted by all kinds of weather related broadcasts.

I would still call this a "fruitful, relaxing day---other than shoveling snow this morning.......
Again, my wonderful back-yard neighbor came over with his Snow Blower and did my driveway and around the car and up to the front door. I offered him some gas money--but he refused!
SO grateful for people like him! What a help! What an upper!!!!! NOW--If only all those young, strong whippersnappers out of High School would do the same--even if they charged a bi for it--many more people would have restored faith in people just helping out those that cannot do it themselves.
From what I have heard--no one is going around knocking on doors and offering to help.

Here's a view of our street this morning.....Will post more pics on "Bearer of bad News" thread.....
Have NO idea when any of this will melt.........

Gita