Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Mid-Atlantic Musings - Page 3, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Mid-Atlantic Musings - Page 3

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mid-Atlantic Musings - Page 3
rcn48 wrote:
Quoting:Step away from my yews!...The yews are the entry for our secret garden, for which I have many plans, I'd like to share them, but it's a secret.

ROFL! That garland design from Ladew is beautiful :) Hanging a "garlandorsomething" might work, or just a piece of rope? Can't wait to see the project photos when you get started :)

Holly, thanks for the link - I can't believe I totally missed ALL three threads! Just finished reading through all of them and I've asked Zuzu to start #4 because #3 was up to 300 posts! I'm sure I can find a few photos to share :)

Allison, I think I'd be lucky if I could just bend the rebar! I guess I'd just hope that whatever I planted on the trellis would cover my mistakes :) We've got plenty of pieces of rebar hanging around here from when Rick tore down the old cattle fences but most of them are only 3' long - maybe I could try a miniature one? LOL

After I finished watching the video I started searching for more rebar ideas! How cool are these? http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rebartrees/ I've been trying to decide what to do with the west side of the house. It's so big and BARE! For some reason we've neglected this area of the gardens for years and it's ready for a makeover :( The large bare wall really needs something to break it up and I had been looking for ideas for some type of trellis or espalier - maybe this would be the perfect spot for a "rebar tree"? LOL (FYI, this picture was taken before we painted the house!)