Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Orchids: February Valentine Orchids and beyond , 1 by fredrump

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fredrump

In reply to: February Valentine Orchids and beyond

Forum: Orchids

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of February Valentine Orchids and beyond
fredrump wrote:
Oh,
on the freeze. My garden is a mess but I've gotten over it. It's just very starnge how some plants show little or no damage and others look dead. I have vandas which are blooming 'now' after they were outside, attached to a tree, while others look a mess but might survive. Some of my outside catts are fine while others are pretty much dead. I had protected every orchid but that didn't seem to make a difference to them. It's all about specific location and micro climate.

I moved all my potted orchids into the sunroom (see below for a portion). They are all outside now. I'm building my third 4x8 table for them now. I also built a PVC rack for hanging some plants. Then there are other tables and storage areas. In other words, I've brought all my orchids (except those attached to something) under the lanai and my immediate and daily view. I just hope the 50 tight screening will appeal to all of them. The phals are in the most shaded corner. In the morning I make a quick inspection and say hello to all of the plants just outside but they might as well be inside. The lanai is great. The pool will soon be used. It's still only at 72 degrees and a bit too cold for me but I might turn the heater on any day now. :-) We use the outside spa quite often already.

Fred