Wildlife: Baby Opossum in the Trumpet Vine, 1 by dax080

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dax080

In reply to: Baby Opossum in the Trumpet Vine

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Baby Opossum in the Trumpet Vine
dax080 wrote:
Hi - Juneybug - I think you're right -- they have probably had other encounters with Sherlock and Olivia as they did not seem that bothered with them at all.

And Terese - I never got any shots of baby owls last year as the nest was about 100 feet up, and they were very well protected by their parents -- but I've learned if I wait long enough, I will eventually get an opportunity for a shot. Since Barred Owls stick to their territory, and I've seen them overhead this year, I'll just be patient. I'll be sure to post any once I get a chance to get a pic or two.

It's interesting that I've not had any problem with grackles, starlings or crows at my feeders -- I think that the raptors (owls and a Cooper's Hawk) keep them moving on -- Yay!! I even had a mature eagle fly over and rest awhile in the trees behind the house. We are about a mile from the river -- I wish our trees were large enough to support one of those nests!!

Here's a pic of one of the owls from this year -- (s)he is certainly watching out for prey --

Dax