Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles - A Tribute To Kitty, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles - A Tribute To Kitty

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles - A Tribute To Kitty
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Some pics from yesterday. These are not pics of Kitty, nor, and this is important, are they intended to be good photos. That last part is critical. Most people probably wouldn't see the point of intentionally taking bad photos, but it's what they are to be used for that matters. These photos are not intended to be viewed. I took them as photo references for paintings. As such, I am only concerned with the cabbage or the flowers. The background is irrelevant as it will not be in the painting. So when you see houses out of perspective and cats hanging off the sides of cars and such, note than none of that matters. I just need views of the cabbage and flowers as seen in various lighting and from a variety of viewpoints. These alone will form the basis of the paintings I will to do, so there was no point to trying to set up a good background and overall design for these photos.

Although I was not even talking to Kitty at all, she showed up and was determined to hang around and watch. She ended up more or less in about 1/2 of the pics. I post some of those here just to show how far we had come and how much she was beginning to behave like any other pet cat.

I was working on the trunk of the car in a hurry to take advantage of the quickly dying sunlight and needing a place to put the cabbage for the photos. Here is Kitty on the roof of the car looking down at me. I call this one, "So, what are you doing there?"