Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles - A Tribute To Kitty, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

Subject: Heidi Chronicles - A Tribute To Kitty

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles - A Tribute To Kitty
DreamOfSpring wrote:
I thought perhaps I should preface this with a little reassurance about the name change. I am the person who has been posting the Heidi threads all along. You will probably remember me by a different name and may be a bit confused by the new name. Please don't be. I am the same person just with a new username. I requested a name change for purely personal reasons and DG admin was kind enough to take care of that for me. So with the name issue resolved, on with our 'show'.

This is (normally) the ongoing story of Heidi and friends raccoons and other wildlife that visit my backyard wildlife buffet. It is the winter downtime right now. We've just been chatting and biding our time until Heidi and the others return in spring (ETA late Feb). Make no mistake that this thread will be about raccoons once more just as soon as they get back from their winter rest.

Until then...a feral cat showed up at my door with kittens a few weeks ago. Thus began the winter timeout mini saga of Kitty the feral cat and my efforts 1st to get rid of her and later to adopt her. Hmm. Doesn't that scenario sound familiar somehow, the '1st to get rid of...later to [keep]' part? I think I've seen that played out somewhere before.

Anyhow, with animal control on her heals, it's hard to say for sure where Kitty might be at this time. She is very much on my mind now, so this winter timeout thread of the Heidi Chronicles is dedicated to Kitty wherever she is and to the hope that she will be able to find her way back home one way or another and that she won't be too terribly frightened in the mean time.

Prior thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1067623/
Original thread that started it all (for those who wish to start from the beginning, highly recommended):
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/603944/

Below is a pick of Kitty. Since many members disagree with me and since I've now seen her picture on everything from the Iams bag to a cat magazine, I'm going stop calling her 'ugly'. Beauty is, after all, in the eye of the beholder, and I've grown to love her and to see tremendous beauty in her chartreuse eyes and immense grace in her steps.

Edited to add an explanation about the name change.

This message was edited Feb 1, 2010 6:08 PM