Photo by Melody

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Colorado & India. "ineedacupoftea" meets "dinu", 1 by ineedacupoftea

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ineedacupoftea

Subject: Colorado & India. "ineedacupoftea" meets "dinu"

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Colorado & India.  "ineedacupoftea" meets "dinu"
ineedacupoftea wrote:
This thread documents two things:
1. A few pictures and notes of botanical interest to this Colorado Gardener.
2. Thoughts and shots of the acquaintance of very distant, yet close, DGers.

Hello all;

Some of you may know me, some of us may have met in passing in Denver at TrishaG's house; and some of us have yet to meet.
I haunt the forum occasionally, but especially leading up to our biannual meetings.

I wanted to share with you the beautiful power of gardens, like 'Dave's Garden,' and moreover the internal common value of nurturing green things, to faciliate connexions. I recently returned from a trip through Southern India. An extraordinarily diverse place, it was a month of just about everything and anything that could happen. It may be easier to find worlds NOT to describe Soutern India, like "boring."

The gem of the trip was meeting a fellow Dave's Garden Member, Dinu. He and I had had a very brief correspondence regarding an orchid ID a year or so ago by e-mail. Upon realising I would be in Mysore, I was elated to have the chance to meet a fellow DGer, which I have done many times, but not on the exact other side of the Northen Hemisphere.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2010 12:21 AM