Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: 2009 Gardening Year Highlights, 1 by stormyla

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright stormyla

In reply to: 2009 Gardening Year Highlights

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 2009 Gardening Year Highlights
stormyla wrote:
Thanks, Foxy. At the spring swap, either Nisi or Critter gave me a Black Russian princess? Maybe it was just a russian princess. It was very dark brown in color, but boy was it delicious. I had bought 3 plants at the Burpee open house, but everybody gave me a few of their favorites and I ended up with 23 varieties! I liked all of them except Patio Princess. I thought that one was tough and tasteless. The Fourth of July was probably my favorite next to Big Mama. Some of the Cherries that I had were superb. I've decided that I really don't care for the Sungolds. They performed very well, but the flavor was not to my liking. I only had one other Roma and they were small but very sweet.

I don't think that I ever posted a photo of my "Tomatoe Alley". They are all grown in pots. It was a bumper year for tomatoes here with no BER, unlike last year. I did have one variety that got green hard shoulders on some of the later fruits.