Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Got Wind? , 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Got Wind?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Got Wind?
HollyAnnS wrote:
Well we were without power last night. We had power all day and so did my son Jamie. He lives 3 miles away and is on a different grid than we are. The grid between his house and ours was out all day, good it was so warm yesterday. Then early in the evening both his and our power went out and was off for several hours. It never did come back until after I went upstairs to bed. Sometime around 11:00. Ric and I had snacks and a cribbage game by candle light. He won 2 games out of 3, that's when I decided to go to bed. LOL Then this morning we had power but the phone and computer modem were down for most of the morning.
Ladyg, we have had a lot of flooding in our area. with all the streams and creeks flowing into the Susquehanna River in our area there usually is a good bit. Not us though living on top of a hill has it's advantages. There were a few snow flurries a bit earlier but that was all. I'm headed to the Dr's office tommorrow with my parents. Nothing serious I hope but Dad just hasn't been feeling well and they did a battery of tests on him, get the results tomorrow. Hope both of us get good news at the Doc's.
Stormy I'll check out that thread a bit later.
Hey I heard some banging around up on the roof a bit earlier. Guess the siding isn't a problem any more.