Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Marigolds for 2010 - Anyone?!, 1 by amorecuore

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright amorecuore

In reply to: Marigolds for 2010 - Anyone?!

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Marigolds for 2010 - Anyone?!
amorecuore wrote:
Those dates sound about right for your area Blossom. I'm thinking they're just a winter annual down here. The blooms do look similar to marigolds. The plants are bushier and the blooms are more delicate with "silky like" petals. The blooms last about a week, in a vase, if they're picked just as they are beginning to open. I can't recall if I sent you a package of Burpee's "Apricot Daisy" Calendulas Blossom. I had an extra package and either gave it to you, or my brother. They're currently growing here and looks like they're just setting their first flower buds.

Took this picture today of "Candyman Yellow" Calendulas blooming near the front door. These seeds came from Thompson & Morgan. They are beautiful 3-4 inch blooms. They are, by far, my favorite of anything new and different that I planted this winter. I didn't even pinch these plants once when they were growing. They branched out beautifully all on their own.

Jon