Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Seeds from Italy, splitting an order, 1 by critterologist

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright critterologist

Subject: Seeds from Italy, splitting an order

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Seeds from Italy, splitting an order
critterologist wrote:
Seeds from Italy home page: http://growitalian.com/index.html

I'm planning to place an order with "Seeds from Italy", a distributor for Franchi Seeds from Italy. I've grown their seeds before and been very pleased, and their packets are usually extremely generous. Even the regular packets are big enough for several people to share, and they have some bulk/jumbo packs also.

Shipping: Orders from $2.50-$10.00 are $3.50; $10.01 to $25.00 are $4.85; $25 to $40. are $5.85; $40.01 to 65 are $6.85; and above $60, the shipping charge $7.85.

I'll cover the first $3.50 since I'm ordering a couple of packs regardless. So other people ordering will be splitting no more than $4.35 in shipping cost.

For sure, I'll be ordering Chiogga Beets (striped red & white) and Trionfo di Violetto pole beans (purple! and tasty). I've probably got all the tomato seeds I need, but if there are particular varieties you want to try from Franchi, let me know because I can check to see if I might just have a few seeds in my stash to share instead.

Please post here what you are interested in ordering. That's better than Dmail, because it'll be easier for people to split packets etc. here on the thread.

At the end of the week, we'll figure out our final order so I can place the order early next week. Please post what you want before 11:59 pm on Friday Jan 15. I'll try to get an invoice Dmailed to you over the weekend.

I'll bring the seeds to the Frederick swap. Paying me at the swap (cash or check) is fine for those who will be at the swap.

You can also participate by mail, as long as we don't get too many people (say, up to 10). It will make things simpler on my end if you can pay via PayPal and have a mailing address on your PayPal account (I can easily print out a mailing/postage label that way).

Thanks!

"Shop for Seeds" index page: http://growitalian.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi

Seeds being ordered so far (* asterisk indicates a pack that somebody is willing to split)

* Beet, Chioggo (striped red & white)
* Pole Bean, Trionfo di Violetto (purple & tasty, I've grown it before)
* Rucula Sylvetta -
* Artichoke Big Romanesco

This message was edited Jan 11, 2010 2:14 PM