Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 54, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 54

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 54
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Going to be very hot today so I have been out throwing water at a few plants. I found no orphans yesterday but I did get a lovely brom in the mail that I had bought on eBay. I have also been out chasing the darn white cockatoos. They hang around in huge flocks but usually stay away from here. We have a large lump of wood that we slam the fence with whenever they do visit. As the fence is corrugated iron, it makes a sound like a gunshot. Does make the B**** leave quickly. Aside from the noise, they chew everything in sight , which includes the power wires and hubbys antenna stays. Now if I could just train the maggies to be like watchdogs and chase them away.
Steve, I find on average, our cheapo solar lights last around 2 - 3 years. By then, it's not worth replacing batteries as the lights are looking sad and worn. Depends on your climate about how quickly they deteriorate. It's easier to buy new cheapies.
Hello Dianne. I have seen pics of those odd plants. Be quite a talking point in your garden.
Shelly, cute frog. Don't you just love them in the garden.
Hello Elaine. What have you been making for your garden lately ?
Hello everyone else. Kat , Sue, Chrissy, Brian, Colleen etc. Louise , you haven't found us yet. I'll have to send the carpet for you. I'm off to pot up a few little things before it gets too hot. I may get the washing dry before I even hang it out , the way it feels here.
Have a good day and enjoy your gardens.
Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake for a nice snack in the heat.
Jean.