Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles - Winter Timeout 09, 1 by jschweizer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jschweizer

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles - Winter Timeout 09

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles - Winter Timeout 09
jschweizer wrote:
Yes it was terrible waiting for him to come home. Thank goodness for cell phones to keep in touch. I would call Ryan,my grandson, to get information on where they were. I didn't want to distract Allen from the driving.

The roads still haven't been plowed and it has frozen out there now. Allen and Ryan got our driveway shoveled and also shoveled the driveways on both sides of us. One is a widow and the other is a retired couple. The retired couple did a lot of their own but Allen and Ryan helped them out. Didn't do much good though as you can't drive on these roads safely. We were to go to a party tomorrow but it was canceled(darn,now what am I going to do with this 18 pound ham and the rum cake?) We are going to Georgia on Christmas eve if we can ever get out of the sub division! We got Ryan so he could visit with us before we left as it had been a year since we had seen him. Then Tuesday I was going to take him to Maryland to be with his mother(my daughter)for the rest of his Christmas vacation. He has been living with his father in Florida. I am still hoping the roads will be clear enough for me to take him to his mother by Tuesday,but at this rate I wouldn't bet on it. At least he got here before they closed the airports down. Just a couple more hours and who knows where he would have been stranded. He is 17 and would have been alright,still we would have worried.