Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: If you want a water feature, but not a pond..., 1 by HoosierGreen

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HoosierGreen

Subject: If you want a water feature, but not a pond...

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of If you want a water feature, but not a pond...
HoosierGreen wrote:
I realize this isn't the Water Gardens Forum, but in my experience I know there are a lot of gardeners who don't want to deal with the "bother" of a pond and standing water, but would love a water feature in their landscaping. Those gardeners might not normally check the Water Gardens Forum where I posted a thread of how to create a simple, relatively inexpensive (under $200) water feature that is enjoyable and good for birds and butterflies. They are commonly referred to as "bubblers" or "bubble rocks". I'm posting a photo of one I constructed in just a few hours over Thanksgiving, but the thread I posted earlier in the Water Gardens Forum shows the steps for anyone interested. Sorry, I don't know how to include the link (Perhaps someone interested could do this on this tread for me?) I used an existing rigid liner, but it can also be constructed easily with a rubber liner made for fish ponds.

I make these for clients on a regular basis, and they are always very popular and appreciated!