Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Tropical vines and creepers , 1 by grazio

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright grazio

In reply to: Tropical vines and creepers

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical vines and creepers
grazio wrote:
wow, thanks so much for the additional info re the D. bulbifera. I am relieved it is native to this area. After looking thru all the field books it seems v. little is indeed indigenous here in Bali (well, the showy, cultivated plants). For friend Atenas, so you know what kinds of vines we do have here...everything tropical, basically (now that I know you visited here and lived in the Marshalls; before, I didn't want to disillusion you, lol...). The Strongolydon, that color, is the most wonderful I have seen on any plant. For those of you who have seen it, it is hard to describe, so find a photo, lots on here. There is, on this turquoise blue, a purple irridescence (well, at least in bali). And the mucunas, that red on the benneti. I could go on about so many of them, but right now, as mentioned before, building a new house here (eventually) on 4100 sq meters of land, I am thinking of all the vine color combos. Plus grading in different shades of the bouganvilleas on two levels.....so they don't clash but blend in a moving chain of color...thanks all...