Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Rock Swap, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Rock Swap

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Rock Swap
wrote:
RRM, those are awesome bracelets. Everyone has such cool rocks. I would love to go to that diamond mine in Arkansas. That state is full of great rocks.
One of the best, most fun rock collecting trips I've done is to an opal mine in Australia. I could have spent days and days going through the tailings. We did find some opals, but not big ones. Still, they are really cool. That diamond mine reminds me of a place up in British columbia that I'd like to go to some day. Here is a link:
http://www.rockcandymine.com/

I've been playing with making some jewelry out of some of the washed limestone I got this summer. It comes from one specific beach on San Juan Island, one that can be reached only by boat. We go to that beach just so I can get these rocks. They are so smooth, it's like they are polished. Plus, you can watch the Orcas from there.
I got silver covered copper wire and wrapped it around the rocks. The agate in the middle is one I found at a bead store. Wish I had found it on a beach somewhere, but nope.