Photo by Melody

Greenhouse: Greenhouses out of old windows!, 1 by curvesarein

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright curvesarein

In reply to: Greenhouses out of old windows!

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Greenhouses out of old windows!
curvesarein wrote:
I just want to over winter my summer plants. In summer i probably can dry fruit in there. My littel ceramic heater does kick on and off at a certain temp, but does not say what temp it is, so I would have to experiment with that. I don't know why hubby thinks it will cost so much. This won't last for 3 months just comes and goes. I am going to call Furniture stores today for Bubble wrap. Since I have the shelving in there, closet shelving I will have to fit it behind that. Can't really do a shower curtain type thing to pull around. I get full sun on the south 9 foot of windows all day. It is probably 60 or more in there now. It's a little overcast now. Now I am thinking we should have put the clear roof on, but we were waiting until next year. We did drop the shade cloth last night hoping it would help some. I am thinking of putting up bedspreads tonight if I have too, but what I lost already is just small stuff, if everything else is ok, then it probably might not be neccesary. I have two palms, which if I know what they are can go to 15 degrees and I did not know that. But can't say for sure they are the jelly palms. I have geraniums and most others are succulents. I did string another set of xmas lights in there last night, I will leave them on all day. I was tempted to run hot water and jugs out there last night. Someone said to paint my mild jugs black. Does that make sense and line them up on the south wall during the day on the floor? My greenhouse is small, only 6 by 9. So the plants are pretty close together, but I can move them closer for tonight.
Linda