Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Need help! Moses-in-a-Basket, Boatlily, Oyster Plant , 1 by adbjwb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright adbjwb

In reply to: Need help! Moses-in-a-Basket, Boatlily, Oyster Plant

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Need help!  Moses-in-a-Basket, Boatlily, Oyster Plant
adbjwb wrote:
Cactuspatch, do you cut it to the ground after it freezes? It seems it would be a prettier plant if it had leaves symetrically from the ground up. Here's a pic from today so you can see how it has lost several leaves in the med-section. I think there's one leaf up top that is new growth so I guess it is adjusting to being inside (moved it in four weeks ago) for winter. It was 28 degrees here last night. How much cold can it stand outside before freezing/wilting if up near the wall on a deep back porch on north side of house? It would be completely protected from weather and always in the shade. It was very happy there all summer but I thought it would get too cold in winter. I have two little Poodles so I am concerned about their finding it in the house. Thanks for writing!