Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Flowering in Australia December 2009, 1 by WayneCarter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WayneCarter

In reply to: Flowering in Australia December 2009

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowering in Australia December 2009
WayneCarter wrote:
Very pretty Lilies Anthony! I love "yellow" in the garden, so easy to play with other colours. You must have a wonderful collection Anthony. My experience has only been with growing specie plants from seed. This season I tried a little hybridization, using a lovely L. longifolium cv. as "mother" x L. tenuifolium. Two extremes I know... :) A lucky dip! Just happened to have pollen and a ripe receptor come the L. longifolium cv. I hope the works of nature did not precede me.

Please show and tell us more Anthony.

Cestrum your Buddleja cuttings are doing well. I know both B. x weyeriana and B. globosa quite well. Yes, at a glance, two different plants. I prefer B. x weyeriana as a garden plant. Given more space, B. globosa would rank for interest and breeding.

Your strawberries Cestrum are giving me further thoughts of fattening food adventures! That is the combination of such delicious fruit with "naughty" fare!
Ha! Christmas is coming...

We have a strawberry growing here that came from very "Green" as in Permaculture friends. Will send you a plant Cestrum to see what you think. Ross and Jenny are pretty much "self-sufficient", so it will be interesting to see how this plant goes with you. There is a surplus of fruit here, so I give it to the Zebra finches who devour it by the beak load!