Photo by Melody

Greenhouse: Greenhouses out of old windows!, 1 by curvesarein

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright curvesarein

In reply to: Greenhouses out of old windows!

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Greenhouses out of old windows!
curvesarein wrote:
Glad you mentioned styrofoam boards. I have some slight air gaps to fill, but our winters aren't as cold as areas back east or where you are, so not a big problem. I stuffed bubble wrap in them, you see the roof gables into the shed, but just rests on it, so we still have to figure out ideas to seal it good. Now we plan on putting a second layer of the sign material inside with an air gap in the cealing. Will that help with heat loss in winter at night? I love the lace curtain idea, but not sure if I can fit them behind my shelves, I will have to look. Were the ones you were talking about on the ceiling? My cealing is solid, not light comes through, most light is coming from the south then some on north and east. But the intense light is south side. I took the screen door out today and put it by the potting bench and grabbed a wicker chair from my bedroom and put in the corner with a small wrought iron plant stand for a cup of coffee or ? It is a nice place to sit in the morning or mid morning.