Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: Introducing myself, 1 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: Introducing myself

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Introducing myself
CajuninKy wrote:
First let me give you a hearty welcome to our chicken yard! We are so glad to have you.
I have never been to your area of the country so I'm not sure what kind of animals you have out there. From my experience, and if you have them there, you are describing the work of a mink. They are in the weasel family. They are small but don't let that fool you. They are able and willing to whip a big dog. They can wreak havoc in a chicken yard. But mostly they kill multiple birds on a foray. If it is a mink you have been lucky to lose so few.
I know you have a larger member of the weasel family out your way but for the life of me I cannot think of it's name just now. It may come to me after while. I would love to know what you come up with in your live trap. Please keep us posted.

Hay, your DGGS is a very lucky little boy and you are a blessed man. We had our DGS, Knock, with us for 7 of his 8 years. He moved to La the end of the summer to live with his Mom. We miss him so much it hurts. He was my right hand man. Always there when I needed him and so willing to help. He was such good company for an old woman. He misses us. He calls and talks for hours. But he is doing well and that is what matters. Enjoy your little man. It doesn't matter what the wrapping paper looks like, every child is a gift from God.

Christmas morning '07.

This message was edited Dec 1, 2009 10:09 PM