Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kylaluaz

In reply to: My new place

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My new place
Kylaluaz wrote:
lol. the designer is La Thriftstore.

I have that same trepidation about changing landscaping, DwID, but heck, that was what I tried to ascertain when I moved in: Do I have a free hand? Or not? I got a couple unqualified "yes" answers and then after we signed the lease there were some equivocations.

All I want to do for starters is open another bed in front of those photinia so I can grow veggies and herbs. Time's a-wastin, if I am going to do it, too. In the next week I will make some decision or other.

Found out this morning that the lot behind us has been sold and there will be a house constructed on it. That was a blow! But I feel, at the moment, I do not want to move again very soon and it is so nice here........ sigh. Always sumthin. ;-) Construction noise......... hmmmmmm. The fellows (self-described as worker bees) I talked with over the back fence were real nice and clearly had dealt with perturbed neighbors before (I was being very kind but still saying gee, there goes my peace and quiet......) I hope it will be okay. Our bedroom windows face out back there. My housemate does not have blinds or curtains and doesn't want them! I do have blinds, but again, it's the noise I cringe at the thought of more than any decrease in privacy as I feel the layout of things will preserve the visual privacy adequately. I hope. Fingers crossed. They say they will likely not start til end of December.

Dahlia, sounds like such a fun trip you are embarking on! I do hope you can post and send pictures as you go along. Especially when you meet up with some of these other folks in here.

Here's the flicker in the tree, taken from my bedroom window!

I think of your pictures of your lovely garden shed, whenever I look at this one here, thinking, it needs honeysuckle and stuff around it like Dahlia has. ;-)