Photo by Melody

Ohio River Valley Gardening: Need to pick your brain (Blame Rick, his idea! LOL), 1 by AnnieBBB

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AnnieBBB

Subject: Need to pick your brain (Blame Rick, his idea! LOL)

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Need to pick your brain (Blame Rick, his idea! LOL)
AnnieBBB wrote:
I would be grateful for any ideas for shrubs, small trees to plant under, or around, these trees in the new bed.

The total length of the new bed is 116' long. (I got carried away) The space from the tree trunk to the fence behind it is 8ft.

As you can see I wouldn't mind hiding the weeds or trees on the other side of the fence, which is not our property. I'm stuck with the chain link fence because 1) I love my dogs, and 2) a solid fence would hide the spectacular views we have in the other areas 3) lots of coyotes, deer & other critters in the area.

The area is full sun, and windy.

My problem is that I love everything! I don't want to start buying things to fill it without some plan in mind and not knowing what will withstand the winter, winds and sun. I like a Very full look, texture, interest, blooming would be great too as long as it had interest afterwards. Garden art, statues, bird houses, all would be great too.

Ric, before you start laughing and playing Taps, I AM working on rearranging the rocks LOL, it still has a cemetry look to it. I have part of it done but it is slow going trying to roll those big rocks around by myself.

I have another picture from another thread that kind of shows what most of the new bed area looks like. I'll repost it.

I welcome and appreciate any ideas!

Ric, or anyone, who wants to come look (or have a laugh at my project!) is more than welcome!!! I love to cook and make a mean cheesecake! Warther makes the best knives too LOL

Annie