Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kylaluaz

In reply to: My new place

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My new place
Kylaluaz wrote:
*sigh*

This is the Peace Sign "Park". It is part of the property here though its fate is unclear. The owners want it maintained but whether I, or we, want to do the maintaining is a question. The owners will do the work if we don't want to, but I am not sure how I will like their coming around and doing stuff..... There is a flower bed on this side up against the fence, in which they have more iris and perhaps other bulbs. There were fruit trees that got removed due to reasons I am not clear on. The paths that make up the peace sign are problematic because they are simply gravel on top of really shallowly laid landscape fabric/weed barrier. The weeds care nothing for the so called barrier and happily colonize the gravel paths, leading the owners to feel the necessity of spraying weed killer, because weeding by hand is truly overwhelming.

bad design, I say. but what I want to do about it or what I am actually able to do about it, I don't know. If I want to do something over there which I will maintain, I have permission, but I am not sure how much work I am wanting to commit to............ or what or what or what. heck, only been here about two weeks! ;-)

Anyway, the Peace Sign does not rest easy in my mind.