Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: What fruit or flashy flower will grow in hot dark SW corner?, 1 by bbode

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bbode

In reply to: What fruit or flashy flower will grow in hot dark SW corner?

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What fruit or flashy flower will grow in hot dark SW corner?
bbode wrote:
Thank you all!

And thanks to a visit from extranjera and a couple of her friends, I decided to move two coconut palms that, early on, had been plopped into the middle of my back garden and move one into each of the rock wall corners. That means that I no longer have to work around them.

What I hope to add is a fan-like large palm plant for the center of my back wall. A friend says it's called "palma vieja." I'm going to check with another friend who has one.

Because I already have a swimming pool with a cascada (water splashes over the side as though it were an infinity pool) and a patio with a cement table and benches under the shade of a 100 year old zapote tree, some of the elements you all suggested are already there. So with the addition of hostas and as my Mandevillas continue to grow, I think I'm nearly there. Hmmm...I guess it's pretty obvious I have never had this much space for a garden before, isn't it? I seem to be covering every inch.