Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: THE GPS 7 - The Glorified Potting Shed!, 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: THE GPS 7 - The Glorified Potting Shed!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of THE GPS 7 - The Glorified Potting Shed!
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Ok, bathtime over, back to work...

I potted up some seed for some miniature ornamental peppers.. I am probably gonna be late for it to bloom for Christmas, that is if it gets that big without damping off or something before then...... but o'well, giving it a whirl! The peppers are purple, red, white and green all on the same plant as I recall. And oh ouch, I did not realize it but when I was skinning one of the dried peppers for seed that the oil had got into my hands and a few minutes later I rubbed my eye and oh ey-yi-yiiiii! that hurt! Dang lil peppers are hot! Man, if you do them, DONT DO THAT!

Speaking of peppers, my sweet green bell plants are still going strong and its about one month now since I brought them in the laundryroom in the house. They have lost very few leaves. Although I pruned them a little the other day so they could get more light. The pansys in most of their pots are doing well, so so... some have died. I think I overwatered them last week.

Got a flat of new subzero pansys today and a heck of a bargain from Leo. He gave me about 30 mums.. I caught him on his cleanup day and he was giving them away free and if they did not go he was gonna toss them. I told him, load up my truck. SO he did and now I have some huge bushel basket size mums to poke in the garden and hope they come back next year!

Packed up some echinecea seed.

Earlier today I checked the annuals in the GPS and the petunias were definetily hurting and dying back. The snaps were going great guns yet as were the dusty millers, alyssums, the marigolds and some dianthus and violas. Oh and the pansys too that I got earlier this fall which I think I need to devise a way to protect them for winter even though they are in the GPS. Those did not say if they were subzero tolerant like the new ones today.