Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: More Disabled Gardeners Laughing With Joy ..2, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: More Disabled Gardeners Laughing With Joy ..2

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of More Disabled Gardeners Laughing With Joy ..2
seacanepain wrote:
I suspect the tattoos are the secret to the success of most roughneck marriages. Being away from home a month or more at a time is stressful on a marriage, but a man thinks long and hard about divorcing a woman when he has her name tattooed on his arm or chest. I understand tattoo removal is painful. Since I don’t spend six weeks at a stretch on a rig or at sea, I consider the tattoo unnecessary. For family reunions, I guess I could get one of those temporary ones that you can take off with baby oil.

Kay won the weight loss challenge this week, but only because I’m such a nice guy. I entertained the girls at Halloween by eating all “the icky stuff” they fed me. Black jelly beans and chocolate eyeballs aren’t actually on my diet. But, little girls seem to get a kick out of squealing and commenting on how “yucky” boys are and proving to one another that boys will eat anything. I felt I had to do my part for the male cause. Talking about what I had to eat as a part of survival training in the military was a big hit. But, I had to back up my claims by eating the gummy worms.

Okay, the peanut characters do make sense in a place that dubs itself the “Peanut Capitol of the World.” Civic pride + advertising.