Photo by Melody

Perennials: Dianthus for 2010 - Anyone?, 1 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: Dianthus for 2010 - Anyone?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Dianthus for 2010 - Anyone?
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Here are some of the flowers..ima guessing a picotee on all colors. I dont know thought and will have to see if I still have the labels. Picotee is generally the common sale items at the nurserys here and I got the starts at a nursery with the exception of a couple plants I got in trade, but they were similiar in type.

I am also beleiving mine got spindly after I moved them from outdoors to under my grow light indoors because they were prompted to reach for the light.

When they were outdoors this summer, they performed much better and did not seem to mind that occassional shearing down like the first photo. I suspect that the ones i have going now will die back and go doremant or die completely eventually as that is what a biennial will do. I dont think I can fake it out under extended hours of light for too long without more humidity and in a few weeks after turning the heat on in my house, the house becomes very dry. Right now, it is cool in temperature 55-65 degrees, maybe a wee bit warmern in the south room, but not by much. So those are my growing factors for you to compare.

I can post individual shots of the colors as we post more here. BUt here is the group!

I just love carnations, sweet william and dianthus. Cant get my fill of them!