Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Greenhouse Overflow, 1 by Happenstance

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Happenstance

In reply to: Greenhouse Overflow

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Greenhouse Overflow
Happenstance wrote:
Sue -

I love salvage yards.....some of the racks I use in my greenhouse are from salvage yards and they work really well for my succulents. Just recently picked one up, never thought to take a picture of it and now that the greenhouse is filled to the brim you can't even see it.

Bird cages are another thing I look for in junk yards...some are a challenge to get home (see the image below: must have been quite a sight on the freeway with my Cherokee loaded with this thing on top. I just went 70 and hoped it didn't fly off.) And another bird cage shown two posts down.

Another place for great garden objects is the San Francisco Flower & Garden show. Dealers from all over come with the greatest stuff to use as found objects. The prices are higher than salvage yards, but great stuff with terrific display ideas. Last year I got a wall hung public water sink used in the hallways of an old housing project in the former Soviet Union.(see next post)

I wouldn't care if the chairs were vintage or not.....you better go back and see if they still need to be adopted!