Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: The New Iris Bed for 09, 1 by lee955864

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lee955864

In reply to: The New Iris Bed for 09

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The New Iris Bed for 09
lee955864 wrote:
No So this is normal?
This is just a temporary holding place for some of my older varieties, that belonged to my grandmother, until I can get my permanent bed made for them. DH kept cutting them with a lawn mower so I put them here. I did not realize they would take off like they did in there. We have been so busy relandscaping that I don't have time or energy. When that is done that bed will be torn down.

The only rot that I have experienced is in the pots. I bought two Chasing Rainbows from Gilbert and Sons. along with others. All survived except for the Chasing Rainbows. Gilberts replaced them with the biggest fattest rizomes I have ever seen. I placed them in seperate pots with good soil. I found rot on one of those. So I have removed them from the patio and placed on the backporch where I can monitor them better especially with all this rain.

I have a few problems with those borers every now and then. Some are just plain out old.

Below are some pictures of my Moms