Photo by Melody

Rocky Mountain Gardening: As Long As There Are Mountains......, 1 by Soferdig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Soferdig

In reply to: As Long As There Are Mountains......

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of As Long As There Are Mountains......
Soferdig wrote:
I totally believe that. I was out in remote Montana on a cross country ski event with 10 friends. I got restless on a full moon night and skiied down hill about a mile to a river in untracked powder. I sat at the river after taking my skiis off and smoked a couple of cigs and just looked into the sky over the glacier park mountains. The moon filled me with the joy of being by embracing the time alone and in the wild. When I got up after being there about an hour I went to put on my skiis behind me and saw cougar tracks over where I had laid my skiis. My heart was pumping knowing that the cat had followed me down from the woods I now had to walk up with my skins on. That slow walk waiting to be taken out by the cougar was the 2nd most wonderful rush of chemicals I ever experienced and when I saw the cabin lights I yelled with joy of "getting back" to the safety of friends and the warmth of the cabin. I told my story and no body believed me until the morning we took off to ski. Then all I heard was you are a very lucky person. I felt more than lucky to spend the whole night awake and looking for a glimpse of my favorite predator.