Photo by Melody

Rocky Mountain Gardening: As Long As There Are Mountains......, 1 by Soferdig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Soferdig

In reply to: As Long As There Are Mountains......

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of As Long As There Are Mountains......
Soferdig wrote:
I remember my first view of the Rockies from pre interstate Wyoming. I told my parents that I would always live there. I grew up in Midwest and it was beautiful in Michigan but it had nothing to aspire an adventure in something drawing me up and away like the distant mountain. Since my arrival in Seattle I have climbed almost every trail into the Olympics, Mt Rainier, Cascades, St Helens (before eruption), Glacier Peak, North Cascades, Glacier Park, ......and each step was a moment in anticipation of what lie ahead, what is over that rise, where is the lake. True adventure to the few who have followed the early mountain men. The mystic native American who had their "quest" at the top of many of our same mountains. Maybe we inherit their same purpose to see the distant, the unreachable, the unknown, and all of the mystical events encompassed in each Mountain. This is a picture of the storm that formed over a mountain that carried me into one of my most valuable quests in life. The sinking of my sailboat and my conversations with God.